In the current era of global competition it is being increasingly realized that it is just not important to have bookish knowledge but also EDUCARE. The youth are constantly been reminded of human values – Truth, Righteous Conduct, Peace, Love and Non-Violence in their daily lives. Various competitions, essay writing, elocution competitions, poster competitions, music and drama at the intra- college and inter-college levels are regularly organized as detailed below:
- Students participated at the International Conference on “Symbiosis between Academia and Corporate World – A Step Forward” held in November 2012, inaugurated by eminent scientist Dr. Anil Kakodkar and were given certificates of participation for the same.
- An Anti-smoking Week was launched in December 2012. This included
- A Poster Competition by students
- A street play enacted by students of our college highlighting the evils of smoking
- A Mock Parliament was conducted. This coincided with the winter session of the Maharashtra assembly in Nagpur. Students dressed as ‘Netas’ argued vehemently on an apt topic of passing of No- Smoking law in the vicinity of educational institutions and truly enthralled the audience with their oratory skills.
- An Anti-Smoking Rally, where about 2000 students from colleges in South Mumbai participated, was organized. The same, which commenced from our college, passed through five different colleges before culminating in our college. The impact of the Rally was such that shops selling tobacco in the vicinity downed their shutters during the course of the Rally.
Certificates of Participation were given to all the Participants
- An UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Higher Education – A Directional Impetus” was organized by the college in September 2013. Renowned Cardiologist and Educationist Dr. B.M Hegde inaugurated the Seminar. On this occasion an inter-collegiate Poster Competition was organized on themes such as Examination System, Brain Drain Reversal, Quality of Indian education and Employability of educated Indian Youth. The winners were given prizes and all the Participants received Certificates from Shri D.P Sawant, Hon Minister of State for Higher & Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, who was the Chief Guest at the valedictory function.
- An UGC Sponsored National Seminar “CANTAA 2013” was organized by the Departments of Zoology and Botany, where students from all over the country participated
- The Department of Chemistry regularly organizes “Chemcaster” – a Seminar for the students and Certificates are accordingly distributed.
- The Departments of Botany and Zoology and the Department of Physics regularly organize Programs “Biozac” and “Quantaziks” respectively. Students are encouraged to not only make Posters/Models but also explain the same to all the visitors including teachers and students. What is heartening to note is that several school children from the nearby vicinity visit the exhibitions.
- ‘Kalashree’ an intra-college Cultural Program is organized every year along with the Customary College Day Program. The college prides itself in having a talented group of students and organization of programs of this nature helps in developing and enhancing the talents of students and laying a platform for their future careers.
Individual/Team Certificates are given for all these events.